Disappearing Nav Bar

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

NOTW: DIY Ombré Nail Art

Hi girls,

Ombré trend is really hot right now. We could easily find this trend in clothing, hairstyles, and even nail design. This time, I would like to share how I do my DIY Ombré Nail Art. If you like to play around with the nail trend, I recommend you to try this trend too. It's just so easy and simple!!
Products I used:
1. Base coat
2. White nail polish, my usual Orly French Manicure Nail Lacquer
3. Soft light blue creme nail polish, which is China Glaze Electric Beat. It is my absolute favorite blue shade, and promise I'll do the review ASAP
4. Top coat
5. Makeup sponge (I'm using my unused powder sponge)
6. A piece of plastic
7. FIMO nail art (optional)

How to do??
1. Start off with applying base coat

2. Then apply two coats of white polish on each finger, and allow 3-5 minutes of drying time between each coat. I used white nail polish to make the gradient color shows up better.

3. Pour a small amount of your nail polish selection on a piece of plastic. Dip the tip of makeup sponge into the polish and stipple it onto your nails, covering the lower half of your nails (to the tips).

4. To make the darker gradient color, again, dip few more times the tip of your makeup sponge into the polish, and stipple the polish over the first layer of color, starting at the tip of your nail. Instead of using the same polish, you could use the darker shade nail polish to enhance the darker effect. You could repeat the same procedure until you like the way it looks. It should look like your nails are slowly getting darker as you go from the cuticle to the tip.

5. This step is completely optional—you can add decoration to your nail with a FIMO nail art, like I do with the blue butterfly on my both thumbs. 

6. Finally, apply a layer of top coat to preserve your nail design.

And voilà, you have trendy ombré nails that will be dazzling all summer long!! Please don't hesitate to share below if you try this trend too :)


Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...