Disappearing Nav Bar

Saturday, November 24, 2012

NOTW: O.P.I Black Onyx & O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle

Hi lovelies!

Today I'm back again with NOTW post. For today's post I actually gonna feature two nail polishes at once, which are O.P.I Black Onyx and O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle

As my previous post, My Favorite Fall 2012 Nail Polishes, I mentioned that I tend to wear darker shades these days. Yesterday I did paint my nail black. Somehow I don't want it to be plain black, that's why I added a silver glittery top coat, and it turned out really pretty as what I imagined.
 O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle over O.P.I Black Onyx under direct sunlight

Without further rambling, let's jump to the product review!! ^^


I would describe O.P.I Black Onyx as my perfect true black polish. It is the nicest and most pigmented black I've ever gotten. It's a bit hard to find truly black polishes that not tend to fade easily. 

I love the consistency of this polish, like always with most of O.P.I polishes, it took me about two coats for excellent coverage. If you would like to wear this shade alone, you actually could skip the top coat part since the polish already has a shiny finish on it. But for me personally, I would add a layer of top coat to make it all glossy and classic. You also don't need to worry to reapply this polish often, because it stays on for days and doesn't chip as easy. The only downside I experienced was during removal process. Since it is a dark shade, I got the shade is a bit hard to remove, especially when it stained on the skin around your nail. I required quite amount of nail remover to clean it thoroughly. 

under flash light
Sometimes I did wear O.P.I Black Onyx on itself, but today I don't feel like to wear it simply bold black. Hence, I paired it with O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle for layering. O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle is actually from the New York City Ballet Collection 2012. It is a gorgeous clear base glitter polishes with very fine yet tiny silver glitter and some larger hexagonal silver flecks. 

I'd rather using this polish over the other colors, since it is quite a soft sheer color and certainly require many coats to build full coverage up. This polish is quite versatile, you basically could pair it with any colors, either dark, bright, or even pale soft shades from the same collection. When I used this polish as a top coat, I normally applied 1-2 coats to even out the glitters dispersion. The other thing that I also love that the sparkles are not too chunky, so it won't overstate/overpower the other shade, instead just add elegant and dainty look to the nail. 

Similar problems as my previous NOTW post in September, I found it's as hard as O.P.I Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It for fishing out and placing the larger hex silver flecks, as well as for removing the flecks off your nails. I guess O.P.I should give more attention to overcome these problems for their next glitter polishes. But after all, I still love this polish. I often get compliments every time I wear it; it's a definite glitter polish you all should invest in. 

indoor
So, how do you like both polishes?? Have you ever tried them?? And I'd like to know what shade are you wearing on your nail now?? Let me know in the comment below ^_^ and thanks for stopping by!

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...