Disappearing Nav Bar

Thursday, September 13, 2012

NOTW: OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It


Hi lovelies!! 

For Nail of This Week's post, I want to spotlight one of four lacquers from OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection. This collection have been released by O.P.I in early summer 2012. It is available in 4 colors selection, which are: Nothin' Mousie 'Bout ItI'm All EarsThe Color Of Minnie If You Moust You Moust
I was really excited when this collection first came out, and OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It is the one who instantly catch my attention. 

OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It is a sheer light pink iridescent shimmer flecks (glitter) with baby pink heart shapes. This lacquer indeed looks really gorgeous in the bottle with little hearts floating inside. Apparently, applying this polish is a different story, it was quite a challenge...
Swatch of two coats OPI Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It
My thoughts:
O.P.I nail lacquers are always my definite choice of nail polish. I do love its easy application and perfect consistency. However, I found the application of this particular polish is very tricky. 

1. The tiny shimmer flecks apply quite easy, but definitely aren't easy to catch the little hearts on the brush. Even when you did catch the hearts, it is a bit tricky to get them from brush to the nail. It requires some time to get the heart and place it deliberately on the nail. Besides that, please be aware that this polish has a bit of texture, not extremely smooth. 

2. As you see in the swatch picture, it is a truly sheer polish. Hence, I suggest to use this polish for layering over other shades, instead of wearing it by itself. It also looks pretty on the other shades from OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection.

3. In matter of removing the polish, it requires an extra effort to remove the hearts. It was easy to remove the shimmer flecks, but the hearts were still stuck on. I did scrub the hearts off my nail with more polish remover.

Other than that, I love the finish look of this polish as a top coat over other colors. It gives a beautiful pink shimmer without overpowering the base color. It applies flawlessly and dries very quickly. 

After all, I don't highly recommend to get this polish since I expect better application from OPI polishes. However, if you already had or decided to get this polish on hand, I suggest you to consider it as a top coat and invest more extra time for its application. 

Have you ever tried the similar kind of polish before?? How is your experience with it??

Amour,

4 comments:

  1. Hiiii, salam kenal... senangnya di list IBB blogger dari Malang nya nambah...btw Malang nya mana say?sama2 dari Malang nih..hehe. nice blog..keep posting yah... udah ku follow, follback me yah kalo berkenan,...

    http://pinkyrose21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam kenal jga say :)
      ak di daerah Blimbing, u d daerah mana?
      btw your blog is also really nice and thorough...udah ku follback sis ;) keep it up!!

      Delete
    2. ooooh, ortu aku di Griyashanta, terus sampe bulan kemaren aku sama suami masih tinggal di simpang borobudur, sekarang sih udah jauh... baru pindah ke pakis-tumpang...hehehe...asiik nih punya temen.. kamu masih sekolah kah?ato kuliah? hehehe

      Delete
    3. ooo..jauh juga ya..hehe..ak udah kerja ran ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...