Disappearing Nav Bar

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NOTW Christmas 2012: Christmas Holly Nails

Happy December everyone ^^ Hohohoho...

Hard to believe that this month is already the last month of the year 2012. Before the year ended, make sure you all are enjoying December. Every time in December I always feel so happy and festive, especially because the Christmas spirit is just all around. 

What are your favorite thing to do during Christmas guys??

I personally love that it is decorating time. I like to decorate my room with Christmas ornaments, or even by simply decorating a Christmas tree. I absolutely adore the festive ambiance brought by. I also never forgot to dress up or just decorate my nails with something Christmas-y. 
Back in October, I  posted some tutorials of Halloween nail designs, and I admit that I had a lot of fun doing it. That's why, I decided to challenge myself again for this month to make another nail design post series with Christmas theme. I will try to post new nail design each week before the Christmas time; so you still get some time to practice.

For this nail design I was frankly looking for recreating something simple and easy, but still have Christmas-y feeling. One of cutepolish video did inspire me and I feel it will be the perfect design for what I'm looking for. So, here it is...Christmas Holly Nails!!!


Do you actually know what is Christmas Holly??
Image Courtesy by bbc.co.uk
Based on its definition from dictionary.com, it is basically any of numerous trees or shrubs of the genus Ilex, usually having bright red berries and glossy evergreen leaves with spiny margins. Its foliage and berries traditionally used for Christmas decoration. You might find those as Christmas holly wreath too. 

So back to the tutorial, let's see what you need to prepare!!
Products used:
1. Base coat and top coat of your choice
2. White polish for french manicure ( O.P.I Alpine Snow )
3. Green polish (O.P.I Jade is The New Black)
4. Red polish ( China Glaze Red Satin )
5. Dotting tools / toothpicks
6. Nail art brush 
Instructions:
1. First of all, don't forget applying bare coat to protect your own nails
2. Start off the design by doing basic french manicure
3. Create three small dots, as the berries, in the corner of the nail using a dotting tool dipped into the red polish. I actually dotted the berries only on my thumb and ring finger.
4. On the same nail, using the nail brush dipped into the green polish to draw the leaves (look like double arrows)
First, create the line coming out from the berries
Then, continue it by drawing two vertical lines on each side

Repeat the same step for drawing the leaves at the other side of berries
5. For your other nails, create more simple design by creating small alternating dots in red and green using a dotting tool
6. Finish off by sealing your design with a layer of top coat
Finish look
under natural light
If you decided to recreate this nail design, don't forget to post the picture in my Twitter because I would love to see it. I hope you all enjoy the tutorial and have fun for recreating this cute nail design. 

Besides, I also have other good news which is that NOW you can get 3% off for minimum purchase of Rp.150.000,- in Enchanté Yourlittlesecret, just by mentioning the code: CLASSYJ. In case you have any further questions regarding the procedure, you might drop me some emails, and I would be happy to help.

Last but not least, don't forget to follow my blog to get the updates of my next Christmas nail designs ;) 

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...