Disappearing Nav Bar

Saturday, December 22, 2012

NOTW Christmas 2012: Cute Winter Snowman Nail

Dear girlies,

Today's post will be my last Christmas nail design post series in 2012. Originally I want to recreate four Christmas nail designs and I knew that now I'm a bit behind for this, but I've been ill for few days that's why I don't think I could post the fourth design on time :(

Speaking of which, who doesn't love to have a White Christmas with all snows around for this time of the year. I totally would love to, however since I won't particularly have a White Christmas this year, I decided to rock wintery theme on my nails instead. I feel winter is not complete without building a snowman tradition; since obviously I could not build one that's why I painted cute snowman on my nails, alternated with snow flakes on the other nails. If you would like to see how I create the design, please keep reading through!! ;)


First, let's see what you need to prepare first!!
Products Used
1. Base coat and top coat
2. Light blue polish- O.P.I What's with the Cattitude?
3. White polish - Orly French Manicure Nail Lacquer
4. Black polish - Orly Liquid Vinyl
5. Red polish - Revlon 745 Frankly Scarlet
6. Pink / orange polish, O.P.I Strawberry Margarita
7. Dotting tools
8. Nail art brushes

Now, let's see how I create the design!!
Tutorial
1. First of all, apply your favorite base coat to protect your natural nails.
2. Paint your entire nails with light blue polish as the base color. You might use other alternative color, like light purple.

Snowman part:
3. With a dotting tool dipped into the white polish, create one large circle near the edge of the nail for the body, and the smaller one on top for the head. In order to make a better shape, twirl the dotting tool while you creating the circle. 
4. Place two small black dots for his eyes.
5. Draw small triangle for the nose using a nail art brush dipped into the pink polish. I recommend you to use orange polish if you have any. I was using pink since I ran out of the orange polish.
6. - Add two small red dots on the body as the buttons.
- With a nail art brush dipped into the black polish, draw two lines at the right and left side of the body for his hands. You also could add a little pair of mitten.
- To create his hat, using a nail art brush dipped into black polish, draw a horizontal line on top of his head and draw a square shape above the line.

Snowflakes part:
7. Using a nail art brush dipped into the white polish, create one X and a line go through it until it looks like asterisk (*). Then, add a little V shape at the end of each line to complete the snowflakes.
8. Using a dotting tool dipped into the white polish, fill the empty area with white dots to create snow.
9. Let the design dry about 30 minutes.
10. Last but not least, apply a layer of top coat to preserve and smoothen the design.
11. And now, you are good to go!! ^^
That's it girls!! So easy, right??!! I hope you all enjoy this post and if you recreate the design, let me know below or send me the pictures to my twitter @classyjezzie

Lastly, I wish you all Merry Christmas and may you all rejoice the spirit of Christmas with your beloved family, friends, and colleagues!! <3<3<3

Amour,

2 comments:

  1. IT IS UBERCUTE! could u do this to my nails :(???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!! let me know if you would like me to do it for you ;) hehe..
      but actually it's pretty easy to do it on your own too, just need a bit of practice, dear ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...