Disappearing Nav Bar

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Review: Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer

Dear girls,

Oh my God... It has been ages since I wrote my last blog post. Can't believe it!!
I'm truly sorry for this delay. Lately, I had a lot of things happened in my life, that's why I was MIA.

In order to pay back, today I gonna share one of my most favorite product from Maybelline. It is Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer. If you are a fan of beauty gurus in YouTube, as I am, I'm sure you have heard so many raves about this particular product. I was actually had this highlighting concealer from last year and kind of forgot to talk about it. Recently I have purchased another one, and now I'm going to tell you all about it.


Maybelline Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer is a combined gel-based concealer and highlighter. This product is really good for covering redness and gives illumination effect to your face. As concealer, this product is very hydrating and blend really well into the skin. Importantly, it doesn't give cake-y result. And as a highlighter, it gives a natural shine to your face where you applied on. The sheen leaves your under eye area and cheek bones with a nice lifting effect. There are 6 shades available in the market: Radiant, Ivory, Buff, Nude, Beige, Honey

Why You'll Love it??
A brighter idea in concealers:
• Gel-based formula diffuses light to provide on-the-spot perfection in just one touch
• Illuminates as it conceals
• Dermatologist, Allergy Tested
• Non-comedogenic
• Suitable for sensitive skin and for all skin types (info by maybelline.com)



Ingredients: 
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methyl Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomila Recutita Extract/ Matricaria Flower Extract.


Packaging
It comes in the pen style packaging with brush applicator, which is really easy to use for applying under the eyes and around the nose. After dab it on, I usually blend it with my ring fingers. This product is really practical and convenient to bring along during traveling.

Formula
It is claimed as a gel-based concealer, and the formula is very light but creamy and doesn't flake or dry up at all. I got mine in the color Radiant/ Eclatant, and the shade blend really well with my skin. In my opinion, this particular shade will match with any skin color. 

How To Use
(info by maybelline.com)
For your first use, twist the pen-like bottom of Dream LumiTouch Highlighting Concealer around nine to ten times, dispersing product into the brush. 

1. To Cover Imperfections
Apply product to the back of your hand, working it into the bristles of the brush for even application. Then, apply on under eye circles and other imperfections and blend it.

2. To Brighten Up
To brighten and open up the face, dot the highlighting concealer along your cheeckbones and down the bridge of your nose and blend. To open up the eyes for a well-rested look, apply in the inner corner of the eyes and under the arch of your brow and blend with tip of finger.

3. To make lips look fuller
Outline lips with lumi concealer and blend.

Coverage and Staying Power
In terms of coverage, I would say that it has light coverage. The coverage is buildable but it won't completely cover my undereye circles as I hoped. But it works quite well to cover some of my blemishes. Besides, it lasts all day long without need of touching up.

Price
You might find this product at Walmart or Amazon at USD 6.44 and has the same quality as higher priced alternative products. It is such a great value!!!

Overall thoughts
I heard that this product is often compared to YSL's Touche Éclat Luminizing Concealer. I have never tried the YSL version yet, so I can't say much about the difference. However if this product is comparable to YSL, that means this product is worth to try/buy. 
For me, overall this is a great product. It is moisturizing and the staying power is unbeatable. The shade is also easy to blend and the coverage is buildable. Last but not least, it definitely illuminates naturally and give a fresh and awake look for a whole day long. To let you know that I have drier skin and it work perfect for me. I think if you even have oily skin this will be fine too.
Definitely recommend you all to try this product!!! <3 <3 <3

Have you ever tried this product before?? If you do, how do you like it??!!

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...