Disappearing Nav Bar

Sunday, June 24, 2012

NOTW: Watermelon Nail Art

Hello lovelies :) 

So I'm back with DIY Nail Art... It has been quite a while since my last tutorial post...

I was actually looking for an inspiration to do summer theme nail art. I want to create something fun and laid back design. Then, I thought about summer fruits and was instantly inspired by this fruit, watermelon! very summery, right??
Image from: uwnutritionprogram.wordpress.com

What products do you need???

Left to Right:
1. Pink polish, I used OPI My Address is Hollywood, more into a watermelon pink shade
2. Lime Green polish, used OPI Did It On 'Em
3. White polish, used Orly French Manicure Nail Lacquer 
4. Dark Green polish, I used OPI Jade is the New Black
5. Black polish, used China Glaze Ink with Ultra-Fine Nail Art Brush
6. Nail art brush, in case you don't have nail art pen 


And...here is the final results!!! 
How to do???
1. To protect your nails, don't forget to apply base coat on your nails first.
2. Paint your nails all in pink shade.
3. Paint a french tip using the lime green shade.
4. Add slightly dark green shade at the tip of your nail, at the top of the lime green tips.
5. Using white nail art pen or brush dipped in the white polish, draw the white line, under your lime green french tips, to add more finished look.
6. Draw black streaks under the french tips, to portray the watermelon seeds, and fill the middle part with thin streak of white polish to give more definition. You also could draw the seeds at random all over your nails as you want.
7. Once it's dry, add top coat 
8. And that's it... you get your watermelon nails ^^
Please let me know if you also recreate this nail art at home ^^ Leave me a comment if you have other request for next nail art tutorial... Thanks for stopping by :)

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...