Disappearing Nav Bar

Friday, March 23, 2012

My Favorite Nail Polishes for Spring

Maybe some of you might ask why Spring when we don't even have Spring in Indonesia. If you are really interested in the beauty and fashion industry, certainly all you know that most of product lines are launching its spring edition. So I guess nothing wrong for us, the Indonesian beauties, to experience bit of Spring spirit.
  
As a nail polish junkie, I tend to wear more brighter shades this Spring, like in my previous tutorial, Simple Polka dot Nail Art. Therefore, OPI Nicki Minaj Collection is a go for me. I got my own mini set recently. However, there is a problem with this set since I supposedly to get the Metallic 4 Life as stated in the box, instead of OPI Save Me. No offense all those colors are gorgeous but I would prefer the original mini set with Metallic 4 Life. To alternate the colors, I also currently in love with OPI Florentine Fuchsia and OPI Do You Lilac It? I will put the swatches below follow with a short description of each:

One coat of each; sorry, I was kinda running for a meeting ;(
OPI Do You Lilac It? is one of the most famous OPI nail polishes. This polish is a nice lilac pastel color. It is definitely my favorite shade for purple category. Its shade has enough brightness and doesn't look pale at all like other pastel color mostly do. I typically apply two coats to get a nice opaque finish. I always received so many compliments when I wore this color. It also looks flattering on different skin tone and definite perfect color for spring time.

OPI Save Me is a gorgeous silver rainbow glitter shade. You also can see tiny bar glitters of blue, silver and pale pink swirled in amongst the regular grains of silver glitter. This polish looks gorgeous on its own, however it took several coats to get enough opaque. This shade looks better used as a topcoat over another base color, such as pink, blue and purple. It adds more complexity to your base color.
NOTW "Florentine Fuchsia"
I'm a bit cheated with the name of this polish. I expect the shade to be more fuchsia than it is. Once I applied, it looks more into bright hot red, hardly noticing the fuchsia undertone. Yet, it is still a lovely color. I only need two coats of this polish to get enough opacity. It is probably my second most used polish in the spring and summertime.  

If you are into brighter color, I certain that you will be in love with this shade too. Once I look at it, it looks so yummy ^_^...he he...OPI Pink Friday is a bubblegum pink creme shade, different from other ordinary pink color. However, the consistency is a bit streaky, needs about 3 coats to get non streaky coverage. Besides, I'm really sorry that the picture above doesn't really picking up the color.

I've been into turquoise color these days. I have been looking for turquoise polish for ages now, and haven't found the right one. Once I saw this shade, I know that it's not really a turquoise, but close enough. So far, I have never seen any dupes for this shade, or maybe if some of you actually saw similar color please let me know in the comment below. And now this bright teal blue creme shade is my ultimate color for spring. It's easy to apply a nicely flowing consistency that's totally opaque in two coats with a gorgeously smooth and glossy finish. 

I admit that this shade is my less favorite color from the collection. At first, I thought it is the dupe of OPI Who the Shrek Are You? from Shrek collection. But it is not...For me, this shade is more in between Who the Shrek Are You? and Fiercely Fiona shade, both are Shrek collection. I even guess that OPI Did It On 'Em is actually the mixture of those both colors, which results into this lime yellow green shade. Normally, it took 2-3 coats to get opaque. Though it's my less favorite, I would say it is still a lovely color and will be a great additional color for spring collection. 

I think those colors are going to be a staple spring and even summer color for me. It's definitely as gorgeous as I expected and the photos don't really do it justice. 

I would really love to know how you all experience Spring in your daily life and please leave me some comments below if you have any good recommendation for turquoise nail polish. 

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...