Disappearing Nav Bar

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simple Polkadot Nail Art

Dear all my lovelies,

Welcome to my initial post of my blog!! 


Just like other girls do, I also love to go for shopping, mix matching clothes, hunting for accessories, shoes, and bag, as well as experimenting with make up. I was actually inspired by so many beauty or fashion bloggers who are already existed in the blogging world. My conscience uttered that I also would love to express my passion in fashion and beauty industry to anyone in the world, either the one with same interest or not. I really hope that my blog posts could be friendly useful for my readers, since I love the feeling when I could assist my friends to look fabulous.

Recently I have an extreme obsession toward nail polish. I remember at my early age, I was not really into nail polish. My mom was used to drag me to paint my nail when I was supposed to intend a wedding party and such. However, I did not really like the feeling of having longer nail, which mean that I could break it anytime and the dirt easy to slip in. I just felt that’s not hygienic. (You could see how “hygienic kid” I was!!  Haha…XD)

As the time goes by, I guess when I was in college, I start to experiment with mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow,…, …, and NAIL POLISH. Then, I began to learn how to apply the polish properly by myself, and in sudden, I just drop all my “ hygienic theory” I had before, and just got this extreme obsession.

At recent, I was excited to do a simple nail art, and would love to share it with all of you.

I'm really all into color blocking these days. Therefore, I choose colorful yet simple theme for my nail at this time. I chose the combination of  a watermelon pink, white, and milky light pink/white color. I go for those colors, since I certain that even girls who are not really collecting bunch of nail polishes will probably have those basic colors.

So, what you need are:

1. OPI My Address is Hollywood.
It is suitable for the one who doesn't really dare to wear brighter neon pink. This is a nice shade of watermelon pink polish with minimal shimmer. The shimmer isn't harsh, and you can barely see it once it's been applied. Though OPI released this with their Autumn/Fall collection (Touring America 2011), this particular shade doesn't feel too "Autumn/Fall'' to me. It's a beautiful shade and is going to be perfect for Spring too.  I got mine as a set of Touring America Mini collection.
2. OPI So Many Clowns…So Little Time
This shade looks like nearly milky white than pink. Considered as nude color, this shade looks incredibly classy. My only*issue with this polish is, of course, the amount of coats it takes for it to be opaque- three. Mine is part of Femme de Cirque Mini set, but you also could find the regular 15 ml size. 
3. OPI Alpine Snow
It's definitely one of my favorite choices for white nail polish. It works really well and only needs 2 coats to be fully opaque. It is also perfect for French tip manicures. I used my mini Alpine Snow, which is part of Little Romantics Mini Lacquer set.
5. OPI Base Coat and RapiDry Top Coat
How to do:
1. Apply base coat using OPI Base Coat
2. Apply My Address is Hollywood and So Many Clowns...So Little Time alternately, since I don't want to make it look too much pink, and kinda avoid the same tone.
3. Wait for the applied nail polish to dry
4. On the top of My Address is Hollywood nail color, add white polkadot (OPI Alpine Snow) in small and large size alternately. In the other hand, on So Many Clowns...So Little Time nail color, add different size polkadot in the pink tone (using OPI My Address is Hollywood).
5. Using dotting tool, start to add the polkadot. It is better not to tip the dotting tool directly inside the nail polish bottle. Put some drops of the nail polish in a non-porous surface and use that as your palette, in my case I used paper. Depending on how much polish you add to the tip, the dots can be large or small.

6. Once the design dried, add the top coat (RapiDry Top Coat) to preserve your nail art.
7. Et Voilaaaa.....;)

So that’s the tutorial for this Simple Polkadot Nail Art. Hope you all enjoy it and please leave me a comment if you try this at home too…

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...