Disappearing Nav Bar

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NOTW - Essie Matte About You Top Coat

Hello my lovelies ;)

I recently got Essie Matte About You Top Coat as the addition of my nail polishes collection. I remember that matte polishes were become trend a while back. However, the standard price of matte polishes are slightly more expensive than regular polishes. I was so excited when I first heard about this top coat, because it means that I could create matte finish look for any nail polishes I have, just by using one coat of Essie Matte About You Top Coat. For nail of this week, I paired it with OPI Nicki Minaj Fly

"Fly" from Nicki Minaj Mini Collection (left); Essie Matte About You Top Coat (right)
"Fly" wet polish, no top coat (with flash)
"Fly" wet polish, no top coat (without flash)
"Fly + one coat of Essie Matte About You Top Coat"

Do you see the difference look made by this top coat?

I just applied one coat of Essie Matte About You over Fly wet polish, and it instantly changed the look. This coat also dries so quickly. For the miss part of this top coat, I would say that the polish tends easily to crack/chip than using normal clear top coat. However to fix that, you could just reapply the polish on the cracked/chipped part and finish it with the Essie Matte About You Top Coat  once more, and you will get your perfect matte look back.

Overall, this top coat is a useful and worthwhile product. I recommend this top coat for all of you who are likely don't want to splurge much on nail polishes but still want to have different look for your nails. 

I personally do like both version. What do you think?? Please drop me a comment if you also try this top coat <3

Amour, 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...