Disappearing Nav Bar

Thursday, August 30, 2012

NOTW: Nail Polish Strips Application

Hi beauties,

Before put and end to August 2012, I would share a tutorial of how to apply Nail Polish Strips. I'm sure some of us already knew about Nail Polish Strips, or also known as nail patches or dry nail applique. They are printed, self-adhesive and long- wearing polish stickers for nails. This new kind of polish has been introduced to the market by several popular brands, include Sally Hansen and OPI. You basically could find it at department stores, or beauty supply stores.  

These strips are made to self-adhere directly on the nail without applying glue to the strip or the nail. The strips are very thin and made of plastic-like material, which added protection from breaking or chipping nail. You could have unusual nail design on your finger nails and your toes only in seconds with zero drying time or smudging. 

Thumb, middle finger, and pinky nails: Pink leopard-print nail polish strips
Index and ring finger nails: O.P.I Princesses Rule
Before continue to the tutorial, let's prepare the tools you need:
1. Your choice of nail polish strips/ nail patches
2. Nail file
3. Base and top coat

Now, let's start the tutorial!!
1. I got my pink leopard-print nail polish strips, came in a pack of twelve

2. Remove previous nail posh, file and clean the nail. You might apply a layer of base coat to protect your nails.
(For the side notes, I prefer not buffing it; the strip won't adhere properly on a nail that is too smooth )
3. Select the appropriate size strip for your nail.
Remove the protective backing and apply the adhesive side directly on the nail. 
4. Smoothing the design over your nail with your finger, gently taking out any air bubbles and help the strip adhere better on the nail.
5. Use the nail file to get rid of the excess strip by gently filing the nail, thus cutting the strip.
File the edges to make it smooth. 
6. Finish it with a layer of clear top coat (optional)
Overall thoughts:

I feel really amazed for this nail polish strip invention. It is easy and quick to apply. I personally require quite some time to paint my nails with regular polishes, especially if there are smudges ;( 
But with these strips, I could have the perfect and glamorous nails within minutes (consider there are ten finger nails). If you are a busy bee, you should definitely try this nail polish strips. 

I actually didn't layer my strips with the top coat, since I found the liquid wet the sticker and slightly ruin the design. Although I didn't apply top coat, I managed to wear it about 4 days without chipping. The other good thing is either you have short or long nails, you could flexibly adjust it. 

Last but not least, I also feel so excited to tell you that now I officially will be part of Enchanté Yourlittlesecret team, since my friend personally asked me to help her. We also probably gonna have this nail polish strips available in our online store soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in it.

So, have you ever tried nail polish strips?? What do you think??

Amour, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...