Disappearing Nav Bar

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NOTW : Halloween Nail Edition #3 - Spider Web

Dear lovelies,

This post will be about my last design for Halloween Nail Edition 2012. Honestly, I did enjoy so much posting all those nail tutorials and felt kinda addicted to it. I hope you all are also having fun with this kind of themed post.

As you can see from the title, today's tutorial is about recreating spider web on your nails. I thought this design is simple yet fun for Halloween. I'd say this last tutorial isn't as complicated as the other two designs. It required less products, but more attention to detail. For some of you might found it a bit tricky because patience and precision are required for doing this design perfectly. 

Here is the final result:

Products used:
1. Base coat
2. Red nail polish - OPI Color So Hot It Berns
If you have an orange nail polish, you might use it to make it feel more Halloween
3. White nail art pen - Etude House Nail Art Pen 
It's not necessary to use white, you might use other alternative color, like black or gold.   
4. Top coat
Tutorial:
*Reminder: Don't forget to apply base coat first to protect your nails!!
  1. Paint your entire nail red/orange, as you prefer
  2. With white nail art pen, create a big X thin line on your nail 
  3. Draw + in the middle of your nail until it looks like *
  4. Create little curve lines between the * and make the curves connected to each other
  5. Wait 15-20 minutes to let the design dry, then apply top coat to preserve your nail design
In addition, there are some notes to be considered:
  • You could maximize your creativity with this design. For the color options, you might alternate them as you prefer. I actually added shimmery silver gold effect on the white line, instead of just plain white stripes, for a bit of variation and make it look more glam.
  • I suggest to use the nail art pen, instead of nail art brush, because it is easier to draw lines with the same thickness. 
And that's it... I hope you get the big idea of this spider web design. 

If you haven't read my previous Halloween nail design, you may check my Cute Frankenstein and The Mummy Returns posts. Please let me know in the comment below which design do you like better??! If you happen to recreate one of those designs, don't hesitate to share the pics to my twitter account.

Thank you all for stopping by and don't forget to follow my blog if you haven't ;)

Amour,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...