Disappearing Nav Bar

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

Hi everyone ;)

I'm sure we all beauty product junkies heard so many raves about how great is Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. I have heard about this product for quite a while ago, but it was just available in Indonesia for few months. So today I decided to review this product.

For a heads up, I got the Maybelline Baby Lips in Indonesian version. That's why, you will see the packaging is slightly different from USA version. I will go ahead to the product review first, and carry on with the comparison of both version. 

Maybelline Baby Lips Antioxidant Berry
How to use: Twist the bottom part 1-2 times then apply on the lips, reapply it if necessary
Actually, there are three variants of Baby Lips available in Indonesia market: Energizing Orange, Smoothing Cherry and Antioxidant Berry. And, I picked up my Maybelline Baby Lips in Anti-Oxidant Berry, since the packaging is in pink color.. (yeah..silly me!!)


Pros:
Swatch on lips
  1. Yup, I absolutely love the color combination of the packaging~ pink and blue. It's so cute and really girly. Besides, its mini size simplify us to carry it around, especially in the Fall time when the weather started getting chilly.
  2. It has a nice soft smell of berry; sweet and refreshing
  3. The other plus point is certainly because it contains SPF 20
  4. It actually moisturizes and smooth my lips quite well. Once you applied, it gives your lips a bit of shine. But it fades after a while and leaves natural looks on the lips .
  5. It is stated that this product could help to reduce the fines lines after one week usage. The good thing is I found my fines lines are not as visible as before, so I could say that it does work. But remember to keep applying it frequently, including before going to bed. 
  6. The price of this lip balm is really cheap, about IDR 18.500 or USD 2.00 and you could find it easily at the Maybelline counter or some drugstores.
Cons:
  1. It claims that this lip balm will last for 8 hours of moisturizing the lips. In fact, it did not have any lasting effect for moisturizing. After an hour, I felt that my lips get dry again and need to reapply the balm. 
  2. I do like the berry scent of this lip balm, but it doesn't have any taste once you applied on lips. I know it is totally acceptable, but I wish it has a bit of berry taste too. It will be more yummy and kinda remind you to keep reapply it  ;)
For further information, here I made some comparisons between the Indonesian and USA version:
Courtesy image by: suzyshoppers.com 
                      areamagz.com
The differences
Indonesian Version
1.Packaging
Comes in a bottom twist tube, with small cap in the same color as the "Baby Lips" name written on the tube
 USA Version
1.Packaging
Comes in a bottom twist tube, with long transparent cap with "Baby Lips" name written on it, not on the tube
2.Varieties
Comes in 3 varieties named:
Energizing Orange, Smoothing Cherry, and Antioxidant Berry
2.Varieties
Comes in 6 varieties named:
Quenched, Peppermint, Cherry Me, Grape Vine, Pink Punch, and Peach Kiss
3.Price
Around IDR 18.500 or USD 2.00

3.Price
Around USD 4.00
Retail price at Indonesian online shop around IDR 89.000
4.Color and pigmentation
When you applied on the lips, it just give a clear shine effect, without any color/tint 
4.Color and pigmentation
It is a tinted lip balm, so when you applied it leaves a beautiful sheer color on lips

Overall thought:
I do like this Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. Whether I'd like to repurchase it, I will say YES... seeing that it's pretty cheap and does the job pretty well after all. 
I have not tried the USA version yet, but as I heard it is pretty awesome tinted lip balm. I would love to try it at some point. You also could pre-order the Maybelline Baby Lips in USA version via online shop, Enchanté Yourlittlesecret.

What do you think of this Maybelline Baby Lips?? Have you tried both version??


Amour,

2 comments:

  1. It's very sheer so i dont like it much

    Vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's too sheer :( ..I normally use it only for moisturizing my lips...

      Do you mind to follow each other blogs??

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...