Disappearing Nav Bar

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review: NYX Velvet Rope 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette The Runway Collection

Hi everyone ;)

This will be my initial post in 2013 ^^  I hope you all had a fantastic New Year celebration. I personally had a wonderful gathering with my family and relatives on New Year's Eve. And on that day, I was actually wearing the beauty product I'm going to talk about today. 
Yup, it is an eyeshadow palette! and from NYX!! Again.. ^^
(as some of you might know, I literally have such an obsession to NYX products)

I'd say that this palette is definitely out of my comfort zone. For eyeshadow, I normally tend to wear softer and more earthy shade. But since it was New Year celebration, I thought it will be fun to try a new look that I don't usually wear. That's why I grabbed NYX  10 Color Eyeshadow Palette The Runway Collection in Velvet Rope as my choice of palette.


In terms of the packaging, it exactly has the same sleek and black as the other NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette, such as Haute Model or Romance. It comes with a large mirror and one two sided sponge tip applicator, which I don't normally use since I prefer to use my make up brushes.

If you are a purple lover make up, you will love Velvet Rope shades. Same as other NYX palettes from The Runway Collection, it has 10 shades to choose from, and 6 of those shades mostly have purple undertones. Below are a little description of each shades:

Left to right (top row):
1. Dark purple with satin finish and glitters
2. Indigo blue with satin finish
3. Purple-ish pink with satin finish
4. Medium dark violet with blue undertone and satin finish
5. Medium black with glitters and shimmers

Left to right (bottom row):
6. Shimmery dark purple with a slight pink luster
7. Shimmery medium pink
8. Dark purple with blue undertone and satin finish
9. Satin black
10. Pearly white shimmers with glitters and pink undertone

I have done some swatches for your reference. And for the record, the swatches below were done without using a primer. I believe the colors will appear more intense with a primer. But for me personally, the shade works  well on my skin even with no primer. 

Swatches of top row
Swatches of bottom row

Likes:
- Sleek and easy to carry around
- The shades themselves swatch pretty true to color
- Pigmented and blendable
- Affordable price with different variety of gorgeous shimmer and matte shades

Dislikes:
- The glitter may cause a bit of fall out, but not much

I'd recommend this eyeshadow palette for someone who likes experimenting with color eyeshadow. I remember during Spring time last year this color is really coming in its way.
I have seen pictures of celebrities rocking purple eyeshadow. I know that some women are still turned off by the thought of wearing purple eyeshadow. If applied incorrectly, it could appear tacky. My suggestion is try mixing your purple eyeshadow with other sheer colors, such as gold or bronze tones. Purple is meant to be playful, so just play with the color and it definitely could transform your eyes in countless way.

If you haven't read my other reviews of NYX The Runway Collection 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette, you might check it here. Thank you for stopping by and let me know if you also like experimenting with purple eyeshadows.


Amour,  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...